Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Circumstances

I don't know what got into me, but I was so full of energy when I woke up this morning. I was so ready to take on the day and it started with a great cup of tea and a surprise breakfast for the interns (thanks Dee!). It was a huge realization for me today that this trip is rounding down. Tomorrow is our last day in San German before we head back to San Juan for a couple of days. We went sharing today at Colegio (University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez) which was so successful. Everyone was really engaged with people and I know that I personally had some great conversations. It was cool to see other girls take charge in initiating the conversations today and getting to just let them take the lead. i was just happy to see so many people on the campus since sharing yesterday was a little rough on this empty campus at Inter. After sharing on campus for a while, we went to a new beach for a few hours. This part of my day was definitely a test of patience for me because my van had to run an errand first and we couldn't find the right time to stop for food on the way to the beach, leaving us to eat at a restaurant on the beach. Little did we know that we would be waiting an hour and a half for our food, leaving us maybe 30 minutes on the beach. I was experiencing all kinds of emotions from disappointment to feeling like I was missing out to frustration. But ultimately I needed to trust that God had a different plan for my evening and I still got to experinece fellowship and beauty and fun even if I didn't notice it at the time. This has seemed to be a pattern for me for the past couple of days. Despite how hard it's been at times, God has truly been revealing to me that I need Him and that my emotions need to depend on Him and not on my circumstances. But then I got ice cream so everything was better (: Now I have to go because I'm playing games with all my friends. Who needs sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your blogs, Kelsey!
    Excited to hear more about your trip when you return.
    Susan ; )

    ReplyDelete