Friday, May 22, 2015

And we're off!

As some of you may know, I had one quick stop in Birmingham, AL before I got to depart for Puerto Rico. I spent the last two days here training for my summer job working as a dance instructor for UDA. I made some great friends and I am sad to leave but I am excited for the first leg of my trip to be over.  I learned a lot at my camp for my job, but I also saw that the real world isn't necessarily filled with the constant fellowship that I get at school everyday. I always have tons of people that I can go to whenever for encouragement and my week is filled with bible studies and meetings. It will certainly be a change going from almost no fellowship for the past couple of days to constant fellowship for two straight weeks, but I can't wait to meet everyone and to be reunited with friends!

I'm actually sitting here at the airport in Birmingham writing this and already I've gotten some courage to share a bit about my faith with three random strangers. King Sighting: I talked to one man in the line at Starbucks and actually it has been a highlight of my day so far.  He was very kind and it was nice to just have a genuine conversation with someone and to get to ask them about how they're doing. I pray that more conversations like that would come up throughout my day and that I would have the courage to have those conversations. Why do we so often just stand in a line and not talk to anyone? Or sit at an airport and keep to ourselves? There are so many people who crave connection and social contact. Obviously this is true or else people wouldn't sit on their phones 24/7 posting and reading about other people's lives. We crave connection with other people, so why not make those connections with people in those moments where you're in line?  Ask how they're doing.  Sometimes you can show people Jesus in your kind actions without even having to come straight out and tell them. And that very well could be the perfect lead you need to share the gospel with them. You never know, that could be the one personal connection that will change their life forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment