Tuesday, May 12, 2015

T-minus 10 Days

As I look back on the past year, I am amazed at all that God has done in my life.  I am sure that if I had not gone on this trip a year ago, I would not be where I am today.  I have learned about love, grace, comittment, trust, and most importantly, that I can be in a real, personal relationship wiht Him every single day.  All I need to do is put my trust in Him and be still, allowing Him to guide me and direct me as I make my way through this life.  And to think I almost didn't go because I was afraid of not being able to pay or the time committment or summer jobs.

Last year, I had no idea what to expect or what would happen and even though I've been there before, I am in the same place this year.  I've learned that God is full of surprises and no matter how hard I try, I cannot even begin to imagine what He has in store for me.  So for now, I sit in my bedroom at home ready to take on whatever He throws at me, preparing for an experience that is anything but ordinary.  I continue to rest in Psalm 46:10, "be still and know that I am God," a verse that has been on my heart for the past year, trusting that He will be with me every step of the way.  I praise God for providing all the support for this trip and then some so that I can help aid the Puerto Rican athletes as well.  The excitement that I have for these two weeks is unimaginable and I am so excited that I have the ability to share it all with you!  I ask for prayers as I prepare for the trip and for all the lives that the othre athletes and I will get to touch in Puerto Rico.  Look out for some King sightings (thanks Dr. G) and stories of how God is working in us and through us! The island awaits (:

No comments:

Post a Comment