Saturday, May 23, 2015

Dia una

Wow. What an incredible start to this trip. Probably the most amazing thing was the plane ride right after I posted my last post. I sat down and the man I sat next to was a resercher and scientist. We chatted and he is actually Italian. He was very open with me and was sharing so much about his life with me. Long story short, we got into a very long, awesome conversation about our beliefs. He was not a beliver and had many, many opinions about faith and God and especially who Jesus is. It was certainly the toughest conversation I've ever had and it was such a test, but the opportunity to defend my faith was such a blessing. Even if he didn't believe in the same things as me, it brings me so much joy to be able to have an open, honest, calm conversation and just to show Jesus to him through my composure if nothing else. Hopefully he actually does download More Than a Carpenter to read. I've done my part sharing the Gospel and now it's simply in God's court to grow that seed and move in him. I also lost my glasses on this flight I think (sorry mom) but at least I shared the Gospel, right? His life is far more important than a pair of glasses. 

Another huge highlight was our intern meeting last night. It was so cool to experience God's presence and see just how our faith in Him can bring us all so close so quickly. We have all already shared deep, personal things about our lives with each other and most of us are complete strangers.  When else do you get to just share constant community with other people? When Jesus is what you have in common, you all automatically have the biggest piece of your life in common. Everyone here is so great and I am so excited to get to know everyone better. There is so much that God is going to do in us and through us and I cannot wait to see how he moves in everyone's lives around me. We've officially made the trek from San Juan to San German and we are now at the university Interamericana San German. The most unfortunate event was finding out that all the mangoes have already fallen for the season :( My mission (besides telling people about Jesus): finding a mango tree with magoes still in it. Update on the mangoes to come shortly. 

Kingsighting: I truly saw God today through the genuine relationships that are being built here. I also read Luke 1 this morning and it's always so encouraging to read about faithful women of the bible and the miracles that God can perform through women like Elizabeth simply for their love and devotion to Him. I truly wish to find favor in His eyes like Elizabeth had. 

Prayer Requests: Prayer for the staff to be filled with wisdom to guide the interns, confidence and servant-leader hearts for the interns, and open hearts for the students to simply be still before the Lord adn to be teachable as we begin to dive into the project tomorrow. 

Also for those who may not know, I have turned off my phone and will not be using it while I am here except every once in a while. So do not be alarmed if I don't reply! 

1 comment:

  1. No worries about the eyeglasses if they don't find their way back to you. Love ta, Mom

    ReplyDelete