Monday, May 25, 2015

One Thing

We started off our day yesterday with a a short devotion over Hebrews 11, which really spoke to me followed by quiet time. Always a great way to start your day in God's Word. Chris also shared Luke 10:38-42 where Jesus explains to Martha that there is only one thing that matters, and that's a realtionship with Him. That's what we are all really here for, to grow closer to Him. Then Gus, one of the staff members, led a group workout. All I'm going to say about that is that he's a track and cross country coach. If you know me, you know that I am not entirely fond of running so it was a challenge, but I definitely needed it. All I coule picture was Coach D and the workouts I am sure to return to at school. After that we had a few short meetings and got to welcome all the Puerto Rican athletes. It was SO exciting to be reunited with some great friends from last year's project. 

Yesterday was pretty relaxing just getting settled in a hanging out with everyone. I have the duty of taking pictures for the Puerto Rico Project facebook page. Ironically, I've been taking tons of pictures, just none of my own. With me not using my phone while I'm here I just forget about it. The heat here is crazy hot during the day; very humid. And I'm really distracted right now by all of the mosquitos circling my body looking for a place to extract my blood. We took a run to Burger King last night to get ice cream and it was fun to just leave and hang out and talk with everyone. I feel so comfortable here and with all the people. 

King Sighting: My small group met yesterday for the first time and we got into some very deep conversations pretty quickly. It's awesome just to see how everyone can share such personal things and to see all the similar stories that we share. It was exciting to see God's work in each of our lives and for specifically assembling our group. I pray that our group would continue to be open and that we can all just be comfortable sharing with one another and that I can facilitate great discussion. 

From our first group meeting last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment