Thursday, May 28, 2015

Principles in Action

Today's the day. We have the opportunity to put all that we have been learning into practice. It is unreal how much we have been learning the past couple of days. Honestly, it's all blurring together. But overall, we've seen that we compete for the Lord and the Lord alone. We have seen truths about ourselves; for me I chose I have boldness and confidence. It spoke to me in a sense that I have this while I am leading, on the field, in practice, sharing my faith, everywhere and in every situation. The Holy Spirit enables me to be confident by drawing near to the Lord with a sincere heart and the assurance that our faith brings (Hebrews 10:22). I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about the Special that begins in a little over two hours, but I am excited for the opportunity to serve the students and push them past their abilities to lean on the Lord to make it through. I know that I will certainly be leaning on Jesus just as much as they will be with 20 hours of physical activity and only 3 hours of sleep in there. 

Yesterday we learned two principles and one more today, followed by putting them into practice with sport. The coolest thing for me is seeing how God has changed my heart over the past year since learning these principles and getting to see others experience them for the first time. There are things I definitely still struggle with, such as my motivation level always being 100%, no matter the circumstance. This is something that I pray for help with tonight and tomorrow during the special. It's my job as an intern to not be tired and to be their motivation when they are falling. I have so much to learn, yet at the same time I am trying to take in so much. I know it probably won't all settle in until I get home, but I just want to be present and see all that is going on while I am here. I met with both girls I am discipling for the first time last night and I cannot wait to get to know them better and just be a resource for them while they're here, whether that's an answer to a question or simply a listening ear. God is so present in our group here and I know that tonight will be something special. 

Prayer Requests: Prayers for the students competing and that God would truly move in their hearts and that they would fully trust and rely on Him to make it through. I also would love prayer that there are no injuries or dehydration and that everyone would stay in good health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment